Monday, August 23, 2010

Jesus Loves the Little Children!

Hello All,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was with my family all day and by the time I settled for the evening I was exhausted.

Anyways, yesterday was the most amazing day for me. My son led Jesus Loves Me during song service yesterday. It was kind of thrown at us at the end of service so we didn't quite know how John was going to react, but he did amazing!!! It was one of my proudest moments to see my son up there with my Dad by his side and his song book open, singing his heart out! And yes, I cried like a blubbering idiot! I thought I was going to be fine because I was more worried about him making a scene and the fact that his Daddy wasn't there. And then I realized the moment.......and that's when I lost it! It was so beautiful to me to my son with his Poppy ( who is a preacher) was a moment that I was waiting for but didn't think it would happen for a while. And John had the biggest smile on his face! He was so proud!

Lucas and I feel that it is very important that our kids learn how to participate in Church Services. So we teach them to sing, to pray, to listen ( Work in Progress), and to put money in the offering. So before and after services John always likes to play "church". He gets up there and sings and prays over the communion table and acts like he's giving an invitation just like his Poppy. It's honestly is the sweetest thing I ever watch!

That kid is all boy and wears me out sometimes but I love him sooo much my heart hurts. And for a little tid bit on his sister Emma. She is learning as well. Yesterday after one of the prayers she bobbed her head and said Amen! It is just so stinking cute, I can't stand it! My kids are my world and I would do anything for them!


Until next time........I love you all,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment