Saturday, August 21, 2010

I made it to the gym!

So today I woke up and decided to let Lucas handle the kids this morning and head to the gym! I struggle everyday with making sure that I get there and make sure I do what I need to. But it's getting easier and easier. In fact, now I am enjoying it! Today I even tried the Step Climber! That was such an accomplishment for me. Grant it, I only made it 1 minute! But hey, that's one minute more than I did yesterday! I have a lot of weight to lose so I always take it one day at a time.
Cardio is my Achilles Heel! That is why right now I am completely concentrating on it! So far I am able to do 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Which is why today I tried to add the Step Climber. I can't let my body get used to what I am doing. I am increasing my speed and adding new things in there to really keep me on my toes!

So after all that, I came back home to a cranky husband and cranky kids. Yes, this is my world! As frustrating as it may sound, I actually love knowing that my family really needs me to function throughout the day! Life seems to run just a little smoother with me around. And after a couple hours of exercise, I am fully ready to tackle whatever they need me to today! Whether it be fixing lunch, taking care of a boo boo, giving medicine for a runny nose, or giving my husband a hug to help him get out of his bad mood! I love them so much!  Seeing everyone excited to see me just makes my heart melt!

Now it is planning for a dinner for our 60 and over members at our congregation. And then I get to shower and grab a little bite to eat! From there I will see where the day takes me, be it laundry or maybe some more blogging! ;D

Love you all,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment