Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Polishing the Pulpit

It has been a quite a while since my last blog. Lucas has commandeered the computer for his school work. He is almost done with his Bachelor's and I couldn't be more proud of him! I did want to get on here and tell everyone about Polishing the Pulpit.

Lucas and I had the great opportunity to attend Polishing the Pulpit last week. If you haven't been I would seriously suggest making the time to go. Their theme this year was Refresh, Renew, Recharge and they delivered that and much more!

Lucas and I have made the decision to homeschool.  Because of John's birthday we still have 2 years yet before we start. But I decided to go ahead and sit in on the homeschooling classes and was so encouraged with what I heard. We knew our reasons for homeschooling. We knew we wanted an educational environment where we could talk about God's Word and we knew that we didn't want our kids to get lost in the shuffle and their education be comprised because of that. But I was still concerned about will I be good enough and was just looking for support from people who are already in the thick of it. And boy did I find it! I met so many amazing people, who were incredibly supportive! I have been so uplifted by these lessons and the new friends I made, that I really feel like I am ready to take this task on.


Now you're probably asking if there were any other lessons........YES!!!! PTP has something for everyone. Preachers, elders, deacons, members, and kids. There are lessons about everything from marriage and parenting to technology and ministering to the Spanish speaking community. If you didn't get to go this year, please let me suggest that you buy a set of the CD's. Lucas and I were there and we still bought several of the CD's. The lessons by Dan Winkler about Loving God with all our Strength were amazing! Brad Harrub's lessons on Contraception and Keeping our kids from becoming Statistics were eye opening!

I could go on and on and on, but I will stop here. If I have done nothing else, I just hope that I have encouraged you to register for next year. You really will not regret it. And to all the new friends I made...Thank you! I have been so uplifted by you all and that means so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment